Located in Silver Spring and near Wheaton, Md, the Catholic Charities Center (Archdiocese of Washington) serves anyone in need living in Montgomery County. As a gateway to the many programs and services of Catholic Charities, our staff welcome in families who might be in one of the toughest moments of their lives. We focus on partnering with other organizations in the community to provide complete care to all who seek our help.
The mission of the Catholic Charities Center (Archdiocese of Washington) is to build partnerships within the community to provide services, education, support and promote self-sufficiency and empowerment. We welcome all Montgomery County residents to walk-in and let us work with you.
- Case management, crisis intervention and referral services
- Choice Food Pantry
- Mobile Market (produce distribution)
- Clothing, shoes, and diapers
- Parent Education and Empowerment Group (Abriendo Puertas)
- Financial Education classes
- Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance
- Financial assistance for single mothers with cancer
- Immigration Legal Services
- Services for pregnant women
Neighborhood Service Center (in partnership with Montgomery County Dept. of Health and Human Services and IMPACT Silver Spring): Clients may walk-in on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am to 3pm to meet with staff from DHHS to complete applications for benefits and financial assistance programs including food stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance, childcare subsidy, rent/mortgage/utility assistance and health care.