Catholic Charities Saint Maria’s Meals Monthly Food Distribution Volunteer
Join Catholic Charities to assist with the Saint Maria’s Meals monthly Food Distribution at Mona Center. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Volunteers will help distribute SHARE grocery packages, including fresh produce, canned goods, and meats to families in need.
Where: 5859 Allentown Way, Temple Hills, MD 20748
When: Tuesday’s 9/26/2023, 10/31/2023, 11/14/2023, 12/19/2023 from 4:30pm-6:15pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 10 – 15 volunteers per shift will work with staff
- Distribute food to people who are in line
- Maintain physical distance and wear a face cover and gloves
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival.
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover
- Maintain physical distance
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to stand for approximately 2 hrs.
- Able to lift approximately 15 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
- Volunteers should be 18 years or older; high school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms
- Volunteers are able to provide their own face covering AND wear it for the duration of their shift.
We look forward to seeing you there!
SIGN UP HERE