The Spanish Catholic Center DC offers holistic services to immigrants from all around the world, including frequent food distributions!
Come stand in solidarity with those accessing our services by transporting and unloading bulk food packages in preparation for Wednesday food distribution events. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as an increasing number of people in our community rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families. By volunteering with Spanish Catholic Center, you are helping to address food insecurity in DC and ensure vulnerable community members have access to nutritious food.
When: Every other Monday prior to a Spanish Catholic Center Wednesday Food Distribution from 2:00pm-5:00pm
Location: Spanish Catholic Center:1618 Monroe St NW, Washington DC, 20010
· Volunteers must be able to stand ~3 hours and lift and carry over ~20lbs
· Helpful, cooperative, calm demeanor.
· Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
· All volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by showing either their vaccination card or a photo of their vaccination card.
· Volunteers should be 18 years or older; high school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
· All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
· Participate in health screening questions upon arrival.
· Bring and wear a mask or face cover
· Maintain physical distance
· Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
For questions about volunteering with Spanish Catholic Center DC, please contact Wen Carpenter at email@example.com.
We hope to see you there!