- This event has passed.
November 24 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Join Catholic Charities at our annual Thanksgiving Dinner as we serve the members of our community who are in need of a Thanksgiving meal. Help us share our gratitude with our staff, clients, and other volunteers by coming out to serve at this event. Volunteers will act as hosts to welcome people, show them where to stand in line, and keep them company while they wait. Guests will receive a Thanksgiving meal-to-go and a gift from the Catholic Charities Executive Team. Unfortunately, people won’t be able to sit down to eat as they have done in years past.. All volunteers, staff, and clients are required to adhere to COVID-19 safety measure including wearing masks that properly cover the face, social distancing, and not coming if they are sick.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Wear mask or face cover —bring your own.
- Occupy a marked space, maintain physical distance.
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to stand for approximately 2-3 hrs.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Minimum age for this event is 16 years old
- Volunteers MUST affirm:
- They are free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the last 14 days.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone in their household has followed the stay-at-home order for the last 14 days.
- They are able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- Pepco Edison Place Gallery: 702 8th St NW, Washington, DC 2006
- Tuesday, November 24th from 2:00pm – 4:00pm