- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Distribution
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
COVID-19 Safety Precautions at SHARE Distribution
We have implemented many safety precautions, including a health screening phone call the day before volunteering, social distancing practices at the warehouse, and new volunteer qualifications (see below).We changed shift times (see below) and reduced the number of volunteers for this project in order to keep our staff, volunteers, and clients as safe as possible.
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on a Friday or Saturday to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Some heavy lifting may be required. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
New Shift times:
- Friday – 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM OR 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday – 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM OR 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Be between the ages of 18 and 59 years old
- Pass health screening conversation 24 hours before service
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.