Catholic Charities successfully recruited over 100 ongoing volunteers in our Spring into Volunteering Campaign. Sign up for our wait list below and be the first to hear about next Fall Call for volunteers. Applications will open early August!
Twice a year, Catholic Charities recruits volunteers for ongoing roles. Ongoing roles require a weekly, year-long commitment to service. The roles change each season, but they typically include opportunities for mentoring, teaching, medical and legal pro bono professionals, and behind the scenes support. These roles require an application, conversation with program staff about expectations, and at least a 75–hour commitment including orientation and training. During COVID-19, most volunteering is done remotely via video chat, phone calls, email, and regular mail.
Fall call for volunteers Wait List
Quick and easy. Type in your name and email address and you will be the first to hear when we open our fall application window for ongoing volunteer roles. Volunteers will apply in August and September, attend orientation in October, and begin volunteering late October.
applying to volunteer
- All ongoing volunteer roles are posted on this page. Choose a role from the list below and click the “Learn More & Apply” button.
- Select one role and apply by the application deadline. If you are interested in multiple roles, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must complete and submit the application in one sitting. For all roles except attorneys, make have the following information ready:
- Photo of government issued ID
- Social Security number to complete Background Check Authorization form. If you do not have one, email email@example.com for different screening process.
- 3 names and email addresses for references (personal or profession, but not a relative)
- Click “Fill in an Application.” Make an account if you do not have one already.
- Complete the application and click “Submit.”
- Receive an email with next steps!
- Fall: Early August – Mid-September; Begin Volunteering in October
- Spring: March – Mid-April; Begin Volunteering in May
Whether you are waiting to hear back about an ongoing volunteer role or looking for a shorter volunteer opportunity, sign up for one of our COVID-19 volunteer opportunities. For these activities, you can sign up and show up!
Are you excited to volunteer but not sure what role is a good fit? Do you have questions about your qualifications for certain roles? Do you need help completing an application? Email our Volunteer Welcome Team Member Laura Polvinale at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to talk.
Curious about the types of ongoing volunteer roles?
Read an overview of the types of ongoing volunteers Catholic Charities typically recruits.
Become a Mentor or Instructor
Catholic Charities serves individuals going through big changes, such as returning to the community after incarceration. Become a mentor or instructor and help make their transitions easier.
Volunteer with our Legal & Immigration Services
Catholic Charities legal services provide assistance to many clients who could not otherwise afford it, thanks to our professionally trained staff, network of pro bono aides, and support volunteers.
Join Our Healthcare Services Support Team
Catholic Charities offers several programs that help people live a healthy lifestyle. Primary care visits to the doctor and dentist, mental health counseling, and access to medical specialists for unique health challenges are some of the many services offered. Volunteer to be one of our pro bono healthcare team members or volunteer for one of our important support roles.
Support Family and Children
Catholic Charities provides holistic support to families, bringing needed resources to each generation. Help us ensure the families in our region have access to the services they need so their families can thrive. Volunteer in one of the following roles.