Be the first to hear about our Ongoing Winter Volunteer opportunities:
Four times a year, Catholic Charities recruits volunteers for ongoing roles. Ongoing roles require a weekly, year-long commitment to service. The roles change each season, but they typically include opportunities for mentoring, teaching, medical and legal pro bono professionals, and behind the scenes support. These roles require an application, conversation with program staff about expectations, and at least a 75–hour commitment including orientation and training. During COVID-19, most volunteering is done remotely via video chat, phone calls, email, and regular mail.
Want to Learn More?
Quick and easy. Type in your name and email address and you will be the first to hear when we open our winter application window for ongoing volunteer roles. Volunteers will apply in November and December, attend orientation in Mid January, and begin volunteering in February.
- Once the application window opens, all roles will be posted on this page. Choose a role from the list below and click the “Learn More & Apply” button.
- For all roles except attorneys, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Photo of government issued ID
- Social Security number to complete Background Check Authorization form. If you do not have one, email email@example.com for different screening.
- 3 names and email addresses for references (personal or profession, but not a relative)
- Click “Fill in an Application.” Make an account if you do not have one already.
- Complete the application and click “Submit.”
- Receive an email with next steps!
- Winter: 11/16/2020 – 12/31/2020; Begin volunteering in January
- Spring: Mid-February – Late March; Begin volunteering in April
- Summer: Early May – Mid-June; Begin volunteering in July
- Fall: Mid-August – Early October; Begin volunteering in November
Curious about the types of ongoing volunteer roles?
Read an overview of four types of ongoing volunteers Catholic Charities typically recruits.
BECOME A MENTOR OR Instructor
Catholic Charities serves individuals going through big changes, such as returning to the community after incarceration, learning a new language, or searching for a job. Become a mentor or instructor and help make their transitions easier.
SUPPORT OUR Legal & Immigration TEAMS
Catholic Charities legal services and immigration support programs assist many clients who could not otherwise afford the help they need, thanks to our professionally credentialed staff, network of pro bono volunteers, and bilingual volunteers.
Health Care Services Support
Catholic Charities offers several programs that help people live a healthy lifestyle. Primary care visits to the doctor, mental health counseling, and access to medical specialists for unique health challenges are some of the many services offered. Volunteer to be one of our pro bono health care team members or volunteer for one of several important support roles.
bEHIND THE sCENES sUPPORT
It takes a lot of people power to manage and run a social service nonprofit with 58 programs, 30 locations, and 120,000 clients. Volunteers help Catholic Charities run smoothly and efficiently so we can continue to provide access to quality services for our clients.