Catholic Charities successfully recruited 95 volunteers in our Fall Call for Volunteers. Sign up for our wait list below and be the first to hear about our Winter Ongoing Volunteer opportunities.
Next application window will be February 15 through March 31.
Four times a year, Catholic Charities recruits volunteers for ongoing roles. Ongoing roles require a weekly, year-long commitment to service. The roles change each season, but they typically include opportunities for mentoring, teaching, medical and legal pro bono professionals, and behind the scenes support. These roles require an application, conversation with program staff about expectations, and at least a 75–hour commitment including orientation and training. During COVID-19, most volunteering is done remotely via video chat, phone calls, email, and regular mail.
applying to volunteer
- Once the application window opens, all roles will be posted on this page. Choose a role from the list below and click the “Learn More & Apply” button.
- For all roles except attorneys, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Photo of government issued ID
- Social Security number to complete Background Check Authorization form. If you do not have one, email firstname.lastname@example.org for different screening process.
- 3 names and email addresses for references (personal or profession, but not a relative)
- Click “Fill in an Application.” Make an account if you do not have one already.
- Complete the application and click “Submit.”
- Receive an email with next steps!
- Spring: February 15 – March 31; Begin Volunteering in April
- Summer: Early May – Mid-June; Begin Volunteering in July
- Fall: Early September – Mid-October; Begin Volunteering in November
- Winter: Mid-November – Late December; Begin Volunteering in January
Whether you are waiting to hear back about an ongoing volunteer role or looking for a shorter volunteer opportunity, sign up for Catholic Charities holiday opportunities on our Holiday Volunteer page. For these activities, you can sign up and show up!
Are you excited to volunteer but not sure what role is a good fit? Do you have questions about your qualifications for certain roles? Do you need help completing an application? Email our Volunteer Welcome Team Member Laura Polvinale at email@example.com to schedule a time to talk.
BECOME A MENTOR Or Instructor
Catholic Charities serves individuals going through big changes, such as returning to the community after incarceration. Become a mentor or instructor and help make their transitions easier.
Support our Legal & immigration teams
Catholic Charities legal services provide assistance to many clients who could not otherwise afford it, thanks to our professionally trained staff, network of pro bono aides, and bilingual volunteers.
HealthCare Services Support
Catholic Charities offers several programs that help people live a healthy lifestyle. Primary care visits to the doctor, mental health counseling, and access to medical specialists for unique health challenges are some of the many services offered. Volunteer to be one of our pro bono health care team members or volunteer for one of several important support roles.
Behind the scenes support
It takes a lot of people power to manage and run a social service nonprofit with 58 programs, 30 locations, and 120,000 clients. Volunteers help Catholic Charities run smoothly and efficiently so we can continue to provide access to quality services for our clients.