Susan Denison Mona Center
The Catholic Charities – Susan Denison Mona Center is an integrated multi-services facility that provides critical resources to the residents of Prince George’s County. In partnership with the University of Maryland School of Public Health and Doctor’s Community Hospital, Catholic Charities offers comprehensive services focusing on health and wellness, feeding and nutrition, and legal services.
Health and Wellness
- Primary Health Clinic – Doctors Community Hospital operates a full-service healthcare clinic, with an emphasis on primary care and endocrinology services out of the Mona Center.
- Dental Clinic – Modeled on the very successful Catholic Charities dental clinics in Washington and Wheaton, this full service dental clinic provides routine dental care including exams, cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, and extractions. The dental clinic serves patients Monday–Friday, by appointment only.
- Health and Wellness Center – Operated by the University of Maryland School of Public Health, this will be a comprehensive center featuring a fitness studio, teaching kitchen, classroom and meeting spaces. COMING SOON
- Catholic Charities Legal Network – Catholic Charities Legal Network places eligible, non-fee-generating, civil law cases with volunteer attorneys on a pro bono basis. In addition to day- to-day operations, CCLN staff plans to conduct several free community education seminars each year, on topics such as: family law, consumer debt, employment disputes, wills/probate, and advance directive matters. Intake is by appointment only.
- Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services – A staff attorney provides direct legal representation to clients on immigration matters, as well as refers cases to a pro bono attorney. ILS sees clients at this location by appointment only.
Feeding and Nutrition
- Catholic Charities St. Maria’s Meals Dinner Program – The St. Maria’s Meals Van serves free dinners to individuals and families in the community each Tuesday evening from 5-6 PM.
- Teaching Kitchen – This will be used to provide healthy cooking and eating classes for the community. Sessions will be professionally videotaped and posted on the University of Maryland website. COMING SOON
- Community Garden – This will be a large, professionally managed garden where people in the area will be taught how to grow fresh herbs and vegetables COMING SOON