This is one in a series of profiles of officers in the Enzler Society, a group of young professionals and emerging philanthropists who support the mission of Catholic Charities through volunteerism and networking.
Tommy Hughes, service chair of the Enzler Society
- Hometown: North Potomac, Md.
- Occupation: Associate at real estate developer.
- How long have you been involved with the Enzler Society? One year.
- Why did you join? After attending several events, the Enzler Society seemed like a great platform to give back to the community and spend time with other like-minded individuals.
- What’s your favorite Enzler Society activity? My favorite activity has been spending time with participants in the Youth Transitional Program (YTP). It’s fulfilling to help participants in the program with the soft skills that aren’t necessarily taught in school but can help in landing a job.
- Favorite Enzler Society memory? One of my favorite memories is the YTP Thanksgiving — being able to share a hearty meal and spend time with the clients goes a long way.
- What are you looking forward to in 2020? In 2020, I’m looking forward to getting to know more participants in the program and helping them get placed in meaningful employment.
For information about joining the Enzler Society, visit our website.
Previous Profiles in Service: