Schedule an Immigration Legal Consultation
Please read the important information below before booking your appointment for a consultation with Catholic Charities’ Immigration Legal Services.
- Each case requires its own consultation. Please book your appointment under the name of the person who needs legal assistance. If more than one member of your family needs a legal consultation, you will need to make a separate consultation appointment under each family member’s name.
- Please be sure to read the descriptions of the types of consultations that we offer and choose the correct type when making your appointment online. If you do not choose the correct appointment type, you may need to make another appointment on a future date and pay an additional fee.
- We charge $85 for consultations. There is limited financial assistance available for those who qualify. Please note: We have a special limited grant that allows us to waive the consultation fee for naturalization cases for Maryland and D.C. residents. Please call our intake line at (240) 858-0958 for more information regarding financial assistance requirements. Please note that you will be required to provide documentation of your household income and/or financial situation.
- Consultations are limited in length. Please arrive/log in to your appointment ON TIME. If we do not have time to fully assess your case during the time allowed for your appointment, you may be required to schedule an additional consultation appointment at a later date.
- You may reschedule your consultation at any time up to 48 hours before the appointment takes place. If you need to cancel your appointment, please call our office at (240) 858-0958 as soon as possible. Refunds of the consultation fee will be issued minus an administrative fee of $15.
- Please have with you at your appointment time ALL documentation regarding your current immigration status, prior immigration history, relevant criminal history, and any other documents related to your case. If you do not provide enough information and documentation for our legal staff to be able to provide you with complete and accurate legal advice at the end of your appointment, you may be charged an additional $85 for an additional appointment at a later date.
- For remote consultations (via telephone or videoconference), please make sure that you are in a quiet, private place at the time of your appointment, not in the car, at work, or in a loud public area.