The Harriet Tubman Women’s Shelter is a year‐round, low‐barrier shelter serving up to 175 women each night, 365 days a year. The shelter also operates Day Program services to clients served overnight. The shelter operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Residents accepted on a first‐come, first‐served basis and provided a bed (bunk) and sheets/blanket and lunch for Day Program participants is provided by Catholic Charities’ Enterprise Program; dinner provided by Henry’s Soul Café.
- Showers and personal toiletries
- Case management services, such as working with residents to develop a housing and service plans and providing information, referrals, and linkages to substance abuse, mental health, medical, employment, and other social services
- Day Program Services are offered to shelter residents Monday through Friday 10am-4pm.
- Work Bed Program for shelter residents is available to those working full and part time
DC Shelter hotline – 1-800-535-7252. This is the best number to call if you or someone else needs emergency shelter tonight.
Harriet Tubman LOW-BARRIER Women’s SHELTER
Address: DC Health Campus Building #27 / 1910 Massachusetts Ave., SE / Washington, DC 20003
Phone: (202) 795-9966
Hours: 7 pm to 7 am, daily
Who does this program serve? Anyone who identifies as female over the age of 18 is welcome to use this program if they need a place to stay.
Harriet Tubman Women’s Shelter is a low-barrier emergency shelter for women over the age of 18 who are in urgent need of housing, food or case management. Shelter staff serve breakfast, lunch and dinner to clients. Case management services at the shelter include assistance with life skills, employment, hygiene issues, drug rehab and financial management. Two rehab specialists and a program manager during the day are available to work directly with clients