Stocks and Mutual Funds

Transferring Stock

Making a gift of securities is easy, and you can avoid capital gains on appreciated properties, divest your portfolio of under-performing stocks and preserve your cash for other important needs while helping the thousands of clients served by Catholic Charities.

You have two options for transferring stock to Catholic Charities. If neither of these options pertains to your situation, please contact Kevin Daly, director of leadership and annual giving.

Electronic Transfer to Catholic Charities

If you would like to make a gift by transferring stock, please send the information to our broker:

Folger Nolan Fleming Douglas, 725 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005

Broker Contact: William F. Barrett, 202-626-5372

Catholic Charities Account # FN1051204; DTC # 0443

IMPORTANT: Please send a letter, endorsed by the individual(s) whose name(s) appear(s) on the stock informing Catholic Charities of the details and purpose of the transfer. Include your name, address, name of stock, number of shares and your broker’s name. Mail this letter to Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, Attention: Kevin Daly, 924 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.

Stock Held In Your Possession

If you have stock certificates in your possession, please sign one stock power for each certificate you (and any co-owners) intend to give Catholic Charities Foundation exactly as the name(s) appear on the certificates. You must have your signature(s) on the stock power guaranteed by a bank. Leave the remainder of the stock power blank. Please do not sign the stock certificates themselves. The unsigned stock certificates should be enclosed in one envelope. The stock power should be enclosed in a second envelope. (We recommend sending the certificates by registered mail.) Please include a letter to inform us of the details and purpose of your gift, duly notarized. Both of these documents should be sent to Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, Attention: Beth Gorman, 924 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.

Need Assistance?