Virtual and In-Person ESOL Classes
Clases de ESOL Virtuales y Presenciales
Classes to help non-English speakers learn conversational and workplace English are offered by the Spanish Catholic Center’s Gaithersburg location.
Classes are offered at three times:
- Fall (September – December)
- Winter (January – March)
- Spring (April – June)
And in three levels – beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Virtually: Monday – Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (two hours each day)
- In-Person: Weekdays at St. Catherine Laboure in Wheaton. Monday – Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- In-Person: Saturdays at St. Martin of Tours in Gaithersburg. Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
For more information, visit here. Para más información presione aquí.
The Spanish Catholic Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland offers unique English as an Other Language (ESOL) programs designed to provide educational resources that will allow non-native English speakers to learn vital life and work skills.
- ESOL courses focus on assisting non-native English speakers to master English as an educational and vocational tool. These courses are offered during 11-week sessions in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Please note that pre-registration is required.
- The Family and Children Literacy Program: Support for the family – A program for parents and children to study in the same environment. From Monday to Thursday, while parents take classes, children from 3 to 12 years old participate in a program of academic support. They may complete their homework and learn new things near their family.
- The Spanish Literacy Program, designed for native Spanish speakers, aims to increase literacy in Spanish among individuals who may not have received a formal education in their home country.
- Learners in the ESOL program are eligible to participate in all the services provided by the Spanish Catholic Center in Gaithersburg. We offer a transition program where they can learn about opportunities to continue their formal education, transition to higher-paying jobs, and learn about all the support programs in the agency and in the local community.