Catholic Charities Behavioral Health Services is one of the highest rated provider in Washington, DC – we are a free-standing mental health clinic who serves as a Core Service Provider for DC Department of Behavioral Health. We provide help for adults living with mental illness that includes furthering education, finding and securing employment, managing medication and providing ongoing case management services. Following a comprehensive intake, which includes diagnosis, our staff guide clients to a more self-sufficient and healthy lifestyle.
Our primary services meet the basic needs for adults with mental illness, setting them up for success and a more independent life. For help, please call 202-635-5953.
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medication management
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Trauma issues
- Mental health education
- Coping skills for adapting to home, school and work
- Co-occurring disorders
- Relapse prevention strategies and plan
- Assistance obtaining benefits and affordable housing
- Building social networks in the community
- Family support and education
- Health education and primary care physician referral
- Management of chronic health issues
- Crisis intervention
- For adults with severe cases of mental illness who experience challenges with mobility and isolation within the community
- Get more information: ACT Team
- Access through primary services
- We offer limited housing opportunities in a group living situation with support from staff
The Department of Behavioral Health has distinguished Catholic Charities’ Behavioral Health Services, formerly Anchor Mental Health, with a five-star rating on its annual Provider Scorecard, placing our agency in the highest tier for DC mental health service providers!