Our Youth Transitional Program (YTP) provides a maximum of nine months of transitional shelter services for up to 24 homeless single adult males from 18 – 24 years of age. YTP will aid clients in their search for permanent housing solutions by offering access to mainstream programs and supportive services appropriate to the client’s individual needs. In addition, the program will provide one-to-one counseling, and other interventions aimed at promoting a life of independence.
YTP will provide all clients with the opportunity for involvement in education, training, and job preparation day programs, including:
- Life skills education: budgeting, stress-reduction, parenting, employment search
- Housing opportunities education
- Referrals for job skills training
- Referrals for mainstream benefits programs, including Food Stamps, SSI, Veterans’ benefits, etc.
- Referrals for on-site medical services provided by United Health Care
Clients must be single males between the ages of 18 and 24. All eligible clients must complete a TB test and obtain a DC police clearance. For intake, please make an appointment by calling Ms. Selby Spriggs at (202) 210-1075.
This is not an emergency shelter. Information about our 801 East Emergency Shelter and Transitional Rehabilitation Program is available here.