Thanksgiving Turkey Distribution
November 19 @ 1:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Join Catholic Charities and Parish Partners to distribute turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner!
Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Location: SHARE Food Network: 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785
Time: 1:45pm – 3:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteers must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs repeatedly
- Volunteers will help distribute, carry and load boxes of frozen turkeys to representatives from local parishes.
- 5 volunteers per shift will work with staff
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hrs.
- Able to lift approximately 60 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Follow staff instructions
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers must affirm they are:
- Are free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the 14 days prior to their shift.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Has not traveled to a COVID-19 hot spot within 14 days of their shift.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a picture of it will suffice.