- This event has passed.
Thanksgiving Food Support
November 21 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on November 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on November 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The holidays are filled with traditions, which often involve a warm delicious meal. But for those struggling with hunger or food insecurity, a warm holiday dinner can be unattainable. By lending a hand at a Catholic Charities food pick up, you can keep your neighbors from going without during the season of giving.
Thanksgiving Food Bagging on November 21:
- Volunteers will prepare food packages to be distributed the next day.
- rom 11am-2pm.
Thanksgiving Food Unloading on November 22:
- Volunteers will unload vehicles with food packages for the Thanksgiving Food Distribution that will take place the next day.
- From 1-3pm.
Thanksgiving Food Distribution on November 23:
- Volunteers will assist on distributing food packages and turkeys for the community.
- From 2-6.30pm.
- Volunteers must be able to lift and carry over 15lbs
- All volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by showing either their vaccination card or a photo of their vaccination card.
Catholic Charities Center at 12247 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD, 20902