- This event has passed.
Stock the Food Pantry at the Spanish Catholic Center in D.C.
September 4 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Friday: Stock the Food Pantry
Join Catholic Charities at their Spanish Catholic Center location in DC to assist with the weekly food distribution. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Volunteers who are screened and cleared will help unload the truck and stuck up the food pantry.
As a precaution: Volunteers who wish to continue helping may return every two weeks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5 volunteers will work with the staff.
- Help unload food from the delivery truck.
- Assist staff to stock up the food pantry with the items delivered.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Participate in phone health screening questions 24 hrs in advance and upon arrival.
- Bring “Travel Letter” in case needed.
- Wear mask or face cover —bring your own.
- Wear gloves–(provided onsite)
- Occupy a marked space, maintain physical distance.
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
- Schedule volunteer shifts at least 14 days apart.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hrs.
- Able to lift approximately 25 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers MUST affirm:
- Are free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the last 14 days.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone in their household has practiced safe social distancing for the last 14 days.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.