- This event has passed.
Spanish Catholic Center Food Pantry Organizer
November 17 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join Catholic Charities at their Spanish Catholic Center location in DC to assist with the weekly food distribution. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Volunteers who will help organize the pantry on Tuesday to prepare for our distribution the next day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1-2 volunteers will work with the staff.
- Help organize food in the pantry to prepare for next day distribution
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Wear mask or face cover —bring your own.
- Wear gloves–(provided onsite)
- Occupy a marked space, maintain physical distance.
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hrs.
- Able to lift approximately 25 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers MUST affirm:
- Are free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the last 14 days.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Everyone in their household has practiced safe social distancing for the last 14 days.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- Spanish Catholic Center: 1618 Monroe St NW, Washington DC 20100
- VERY LIMITED street parking available near SCC, There is a paid public garage 4 blocks away at the Target on 14th st.
- Tuesday, November 17th from 12pm – 2pm