- This event has passed.
SHARE: Pre-Stage for Food Distribution
August 24 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to help prepare for our monthly food distribution. Volunteers will assure the accuracy of food orders from community groups, box food orders, and assemble food packages. This is a great service opportunity for teens and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.