- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Distribution
January 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on November 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on December 16, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on December 17, 2022 at 5:00 am
One event on January 18, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on January 19, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on January 20, 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on January 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
One event on February 15, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on February 16, 2023 at 10:00 am
One event on February 17, 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on February 18, 2023 at 5:00 am
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Lifting 20 to 30 pounds repeatedly may be required. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food.
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.