- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Distribution
August 22 @ 5:30 am - 10:30 am
One event on July 18, 2020 at 5:30 am
One event on August 22, 2020 at 5:30 am
One event on September 26, 2020 at 5:30 am
One event on October 24, 2020 at 5:30 am
One event on November 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
COVID-19 Safety Precautions at SHARE Distribution
We have implemented many safety precautions, including temperature checks upon arrival, social distancing practices at the warehouse, and new volunteer qualifications. These changes are meant to keep our staff, volunteers, and clients as safe as possible.
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us once a month on Saturday to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Repeatedly lifting 20-30lbs may be required. Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
New Shift times: Saturday – 5:30 AM – 10:30 AM – please note all volunteers MUST arrive at 5:30AM
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Pass health screening questions on application
- Pass temperature check when you arrive at warehouse
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.