- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Boxing
September 18, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
SHARE is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to offering healthy, nutritious groceries at a roughly 50 percent discount. This is accomplished through high-volume purchasing and thousands of volunteer hours, which strengthens the community for all.
SHARE Food Boxing Volunteers will help assemble food packages. These preparations will enable SHARE to distribute approximately 2,000 boxes of food to the community.
SHARE Food Boxing Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Packing food items
- Lifting and carrying boxes of food items
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Spirit of service
- Attention to detail
- Volunteers should be 18 years of age or older
- Make a difference and see the results of your work
- Meet other like-minded volunteers
- Volunteers will receive a brief orientation at the project site
- Volunteers will have on-site supervision
- Staff will work alongside volunteers
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018; 10:00 AM – approximately 2:00 PM (volunteers can leave the project early, if needed)
Location: SHARE Food Warehouse, 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785
- Parking is Available