- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Bagging
October 16 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until August 26, 2021
One event on October 17, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on November 14, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on March 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on April 17, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on May 15, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on June 19, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on July 17, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on August 21, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on September 18, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on November 6, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on November 13, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on October 16, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on December 11, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on January 15, 2022 at 7:00 am
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to bag dry food items such as potatoes, rice, and onions in preparation for our monthly food distribution. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Please note that starting September 19 this will be a requirement.
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.