- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Bagging
April 17 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
One event on September 19, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on October 17, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on November 14, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on March 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on April 17, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on May 15, 2021 at 7:00 am
One event on June 19, 2021 at 7:00 am
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on Saturday Morning to bag dry food items such as potatoes, rice, and onions in preparation for our monthly food distribution. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.