- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Bagging
September 19 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
One event on September 19, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on October 17, 2020 at 7:00 am
One event on November 14, 2020 at 7:00 am
COVID-19 Safety Precautions at SHARE Bagging and Assembly
We have implemented many safety precautions, including temperature checks upon arrival, social distancing practices at the warehouse, new volunteer qualifications, and updated shift times. These changes are meant to keep our staff, volunteers, and clients as safe as possible.
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on Saturday Morning to bag dry food items such as potatoes, rice, and onions in preparation for our monthly food distribution. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Pass temperature check when you arrive at warehouse
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.