- This event has passed.
SHARE Food Bagging
September 16 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us to bag dry food items such as potatoes, rice, and onions in preparation for our monthly food distribution. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Volunteers must provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Wash hands after signing in and before handling food
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.