- This event has passed.
November 20 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on September 25, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on October 23, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on November 20, 2020 at 9:30 am
COVID-19 Safety Precautions at SHARE Distribution
We have implemented many safety precautions, including temperature checks on arrival, social distancing practices at the warehouse, and new volunteer qualifications (see below).
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on a Friday or Saturday to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Lifting 20 to 30 pounds repeatedly may be required. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
New Shift times:
- Friday – 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM OR 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday – 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM OR 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Following CDC guidelines, we suggest volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years old. High school students can volunteer if accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Pass health screening questions on application
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Must wear tennis shoes or work boots.
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.