- This event has passed.
SHARE: Bagging, Boxing, and Unpacking
October 28, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until November 18, 2021
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Help us prepare for our monthly food distributions by assembling food packages and assuring the accuracy and quality of food orders. This is a great service opportunity for families, teens, and groups of volunteers! Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Able to stand for ~3 hours and lift ~20 pounds at a time
- Wear tennis shoes or work boots
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Required; effective September 19, 2021.
Safety Measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Wear mask or face cover – bring your own
- Wear gloves (provided)
- Occupy a marked space, maintain physical distance
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions
- SHARE Warehouse, 3222 Hubbard Road Landover, MD 20785
- Parking is available at the warehouse, park near the office entrance