- This event has passed.
Produce Mobile Market
September 5 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Once a month the Capital Area Food Bank’s Mobile Market comes to the Catholic Charities Center. Within 3 hours, 8,000+ pounds of free, fresh produce is distributed to about 250 low-income individuals and families in Montgomery County. We rely on the help of volunteers to make this possible! Volunteers collect client data, hand out numbers, distribute food, and assist with set up and clean up. Activities will include lifting and bending.
We are looking for 6-8 volunteers per shift. This volunteer opportunity is appropriate for volunteers ages 16 and older. Catholic Charities has set up safety protocols on site to ensure the safety of our clients, volunteers, and staff. We ask that all volunteers pass a few health screening questions, bring and wear a face covering, and maintain social distancing while volunteering.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice.
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions