- This event has passed.
Mock Interview Workshop
August 7 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm
One event on August 7, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Catholic Charities is seeking 5-7 skilled volunteers to spend an afternoon working with the adult students in our Bank Teller Certification Program to conduct mock interviews to prepare them for job interviews.
At the workshop, volunteers will:
- receive a briefing from the program staff before the event and a set of questions to use in the interview
- demonstrate an effective interview for the students at the beginning of the event
- conduct interviews using questions provided with 2-4 students
- provide written feedback on each interview which the instructor will share with the students later
- participate in a group discussion mid-way through to share general feedback and answer questions
Volunteers should be comfortable conducting an interview and capable of providing feedback using a checklist. Volunteers must be 21 years or older.
The students are primarily speakers of languages other than English and are relatively recent legal immigrants to the United States. The students are looking for help preparing for the American-style interview so they can get good jobs and support their families.
The mock interview workshop will take place at the Spanish Catholic Center in Columbia Heights (1618 Monroe St NW, Washington, DC 20010). Catholic Charities’ Spanish Catholic Center is 1/5 mile from the Columbia Heights metro station. Parking is very limited.