- This event has passed.
Catholic Charities Food Distribution
June 26, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on May 15, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on May 19, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on May 29, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on June 4, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on June 12, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on June 26, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on August 21, 2020 at 9:30 am
Join Catholic Charities Food Distribution team! We are recruiting a team of volunteers to direct cars through a pickup line to receive a box of food containing frozen proteins and fresh produce for 4 people and a bag containing prepared meals to take home. This is a drive-thru, no-touch affair: cars pull up, pop the trunk, and a volunteer places the boxes in the trunk.
Even while wearing face covers, volunteers will demonstrate kindness and goodwill during an anxious time to families in need facing economic hardship associated with COVID-19 health crisis. See the impact you will be creating through NBC 4 News!
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours
- Ability to lift and move approximately 15lbs repeatedly
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask.
- Friday, August 21st: Lot 8 RFK Stadium, 2400 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003