Catholic Charities Food Distribution
May 29 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
One event on May 15, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on May 19, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on May 29, 2020 at 10:00 am
Join Catholic Charities Food Distribution team! We are recruiting a team of volunteers to direct cars through a pickup line to receive a box of food containing frozen proteins and fresh produce for 4 people and a bag containing prepared meals to take home. This is a drive-thru, no-touch affair: cars pull up, pop the trunk, and a volunteer places the boxes in the trunk.
Even while wearing face covers, volunteers will demonstrate kindness and goodwill during an anxious time to families in need facing economic hardship associated with COVID-19 health crisis. See the impact you will be creating through NBC 4 News!
**Safety Precaution: You can volunteer with us if you haven’t volunteered within the last 14 days**
- Must be between 18 and 59 years old.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Ability to stand for approximately 3 hours.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 15lbs repeatedly.
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask.
- Friday, May 15th: Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- Tuesday, May 19th: National Shrine, 400 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017
- Friday, May 29th: St. Mary of the Mills, 114 St. Marys Pl, Laurel, MD