- This event has passed.
Mobile Food Distribution
April 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Support our community members in need by assisting with a food distribution at three senior communities in Ward 5 of Washington DC! We will meet at Edgewood Senior Building and proceed to two other locations for a fun, quick, and impactful volunteer event.
1. Edgewood Senior Building – 9:00 AM
601 Edgewood ST NE, Washington, DC 20017 – entrance is on 4th St NE, near bottom of hill
2. Green Valley Apartments – 10:00 AM
2412 Franklin St NE Washington, DC 20018
3. Delta Towers/Fortitude – 11:00 AM
808 Bladensburg Road NE, Washington, DC 20002
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food to the sites (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation to each of the 3 sites
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- 18 years of age and older
- Legally able to drive and provide their own transportation
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to lift approximately 30 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Follow staff/safety monitor’s instructions.
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age (this is a recommendation, not a requirement).
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers must affirm they are:
- Free from COVID-19 like symptoms, including allergy-induced coughing, for the 14 days prior to their shift.
- Everyone in their household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- Has not traveled to a COVID-19 hot spot within 14 days of their shift.
- Able to provide their own face cover or mask AND wear it for the duration of their volunteer shift.