Mobile Food Distribution
April 23 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Support our community members in need by assisting with a food distribution at two sites in DC’s Ward 8! This will be a quick, impactful event to provide food security for our neighbors.
Location: We will send you an email with the specific addresses as the date approaches.
We will meet at the first address, unload the food from the truck, then drive to the second location to do the same there.
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021
Time: 10am -11:45am
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food to the sites (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation to each of the sites
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- 18 years of age and older (not required)
- Legally able to drive and provide their own transportation
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to lift approximately 30 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.