- This event has passed.
Catholic Charities Mobile Food Distribution
February 5 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Support the seniors in our community by assisting with a food distribution at 3 different senior centers in D.C.! Volunteers will help unload food boxes of produce, proteins, and prepared meals at senior centers in need. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers. We will meet at the Atlantic Terrace Apartments before moving on to the Southern Hills Community Room and the Atlantic Gardens for a fun, quick, and impactful volunteer event. All three locations are within a mile of each other.
Location: Meet in the parking lot of Atlantic Terrace Community Room- behind 4319 3rd Street SE.
Second location: Southern Hills Community Room – 4335 4th Street SE
Third location: Atlantic Gardens – Rear of 2414 4th Street SE
Date: Friday, February 5
Time: 10:30am -12:00pm
- Unload the food truck and bring boxes of food into the Senior Centers (volunteers will not interact with residents but will drop the food packages in an empty room at each location)
- Provide your own transportation to each of the 2 senior centers (locations are within .3 miles of each other)
- Be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. repeatedly
- Wear a mask and maintain social distancing
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- 18 years of age and older
- Legally able to drive and provide their own transportation
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to lift approximately 30 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.