- This event has passed.
Mona Center Farm
October 23, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Join us on Tuesday and Saturday mornings to get your hands in the dirt and help tend to the Mona Center Farm! Volunteer tasks for each day will be posted at the Mona Farm, but the work may include:
- Early-season: plant vegetable seeds, make and install row or bed labels, mulch beds, tidy up the area
- Mid-season: weed, mulch, and tidy up beds, update signage, transplant or harvest vegetables, fertilize plants, prepare harvested vegetables for storage or transport
- Late-season: harvest vegetables, clean up beds, plant winter crops
Volunteers who have an eager attitude and are willing to say “yes” to the Head Farmer are most welcome. No gardening experience is necessary but it is welcome!
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Helpful and cooperative with a calm demeanor
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment
- Everyone in the volunteer’s household is free from COVID-19 symptoms.
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Please note that starting September 19 this will be a requirement.
- Volunteers must wear a mask.
When: Tuesdays and Saturdays 9:00AM – 10:00AM
Where: Mona Center, 5859 Allentown Way, Temple Hills, MD 20748
What to Bring: Masks, 2-3 bottles of water, Clothing and accessories appropriate for the weather (i.e. hats, sunscreen, scarves, jackets, etc.) Mona Center Farm has gloves and tools for volunteers to use.
Why Volunteer: Volunteers will help the Mona Center Farm be as productive as possible. The vegetables harvested will go to Catholic Charities’ KitchenWork, the catering job readiness program that provides the meals for St Maria’s Meals food distribution.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Want to learn more? Follow Mona Farm on Facebook and Instagram.