Become a SHARE Site
SHARE distributes food through a network of 320 partnering host organizations: churches, tenant associations, senior and day care centers, schools and other community agencies. SHARE depends on these relationships with collaborating organizations to carry out its mission. As a host site, your organization will have a program in place that meets the needs of many!
- Your members/community will save money on groceries
- Access to volunteer work that builds strong communities
- Purchase quality food packages to donate to a food pantry or people in need
- Complete volunteer service requirements for youth
How to Become a SHARE Host Site
1. Call (301) 864-3115 to request a Host Information Packet.
2. Arrange for a SHARE staff member to make a presentation to your group.
3. Attend and orientation and training session for new SHARE host sites.
4. Send a letter of intent to SHARE. This letter tells us why your group wants to become a SHARE host site.
5. Complete and sign a Host Site Agreement outlining your responsibilities to follow SHARE procedures, and our responsibility to help maintain and develop the site to get it fully operational.