Summer 2017 Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in being a Catholic Charities Intern!
Application Deadline: March 17, 2017
- The Catholic Charities Summer Internship Program is open to students currently enrolled in undergraduate and seminary programs.
- Internship opportunities are unpaid and may include projects in programs providing direct services to clients as well as in administration, finance or communications.
- Interships are available in client-serving programs in all departments (Developmental Disabilities, Homeless and Housing Services, Emplotment and Education Services, Parish and Community Outreach, and Adult and Child Clinical Services) and Central Services (Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities, Planning and Performance Improvement, Quality Assurance)
- Internshops are located throughout the Archdiocese of Washington (Charles County, Calvert County, Prince George's County, Montgomery County, and the District of Columbia)
- Internships are completed between May 30, 2017 and August 4, 2017
- Interns are expected to work 320 hours, inclusive of the orientation and the Summer Intern Meetings. Each intern's final schedule will be determined by program staff and depend on internship tasks
- Interns will develop a broad set of work skills in a professional setting (see Learning Objectives) and have opportunities for:
- Spiritual reflection in the Catholic tradition on the internship experience (optional)
- Networking, personal and professional development opportunities will be available through the Summer Intern Meetings
- Professional development through interaction with executive leaders of Catholic Charities