Catholic Charities involves groups in many volunteer opportunities! The projects vary based on group size, location, season, volunteer age, interest area, skills, resources, and organizational need. The information below will help you find projects that might work for your group.
Ways to get your group Involved!
This is the easiest and fastest way to get involved. Each month, Catholic Charities offers 20 evening and weekend volunteer activities suitable for groups of different sizes. Check out these activities on our Volunteer Calendar, find a project that works for your group, and sign up online!
Looking for a way to volunteer at your own location? Consider one of the following projects!
- Care Packs: Collect donations and create care packs for Unaccompanied Minors
- Cup of Joe: Plan a Cup of Joe Project in your own space
- Sandwich Brigade: Make and deliver bagged lunches to people experiencing homeless and learn about homelessness through a short presentation
- Hot Meals: Make a meal and deliver it to one of our housing programs
Does your group have expertise or resources to bring to a volunteer project AND ample time to plan? If so, we may be able to connect your group to a program in need. Past project examples:
- Supply gardening tools, plants, and planters to beautify a Catholic Charities facility
- Bring decorations and snacks to host a party at a housing program
- A recruiting firm hosting a resume review workshop at Dorothy Day Place
- A yoga studio facilitating yoga sessions at Harriet Tubman Women’s Shelter
Sometimes staff need help on short notice or a volunteer group falls through and we need another to step in! In the past, volunteers helped shred files, painted safety zones on curbs, made phone calls, and organized food pantries. If your group is willing to help out on short notice, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our On Call Group list. If you are an individual willing to step up, click the “Sign Up Now!” button below and fill out an application to be added to our On Call Listserv.