2018 Catholic Charities
Angel Tree Wish List
Ready, Set, Shop!
Check out the “Christmas Wish” for each child for ideas. If there is no specific gift requested for the child you “adopted,” when you are shopping, check the labels on toys and games for the age children they are designed for. We have also provided you with a list of age appropriate toy suggestions, here.
Here are some general giving guidelines and logistics:
- Purchase new, non-violent toys or gifts that are appropriate for the child’s age (Most toy labels include what age children most enjoy it)
- Aim to spend ~$35 per child
- If a toy you are giving requires them, include the batteries
- If you are giving gift cards to teenagers, be sure they are to a recognizable chain store or restaurant that is easy to reach by public transportation
- Please DO NOT wrap the gifts you are giving. While grateful for the gifts they receive, parents may be reluctant to allow items, sight unseen, into the hands of their children. Many also want the joy of decorating the presents for their children themselves.
- Please consider adding a “Roll to Go” — wrapping paper, bows, gift cards, tape etc. – with your gift. Parents will choose a roll to their liking and leave with everything they need to make the holidays brighter for their children.
- Please consider praying throughout the year for the family and children you “adopt” this Christmas
Gifts must be hand-delivered, just like the Magi and Santa to Catholic Charities, 924 G Street NW, Washington DC 20001 (map)
- Thursday, December 13th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 14th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm