Every year, our Angel Tree provides hundreds of presents to local kids by connecting generous donors with a child or family in need at Christmas. All of the families on our Angel Tree are involved in Catholic Charities’ programs and actively working to break the cycle of poverty. Angel Tree is a miracle each Christmas as the community responds to the need – we’ve always been able to give every youngster on the list a gift. Help us make Christmas special again this year by adopting a family or child on our Angel Tree!
Gift Program Details
Check out the “Christmas Wish” for each child for ideas. If there is no specific gift requested for the child you “adopted,” when you are shopping, check the labels on toys and games for the age group they are designed for. We have also provided you with a list of age appropriate toy suggestions, here.
Here are some general giving guidelines and logistics:
- Purchase new, non-violent toys or gifts that are appropriate for the child’s age
- Most toy labels include what age children most enjoy it
- Aim to spend ~$35 per child
- If a toy you are giving requires them, include the batteries
- If you are giving gift cards to teenagers, be sure they are to a recognizable chain store or restaurant that is easy to reach by public transportation
- Please DO NOT wrap the gifts you are giving. While grateful for the gifts they receive, parents may be reluctant to allow items, sight unseen, into the hands of their children. Many also want the joy of decorating the presents for their children themselves.
- Please consider adding a “Roll to Go” — wrapping paper, bows, gift cards, tape etc. – with your gift. Parents will choose a roll to their liking and leave with everything they need to make the holidays brighter for their children.
- Please consider praying throughout the year for the family and children you “adopt” this Christmas.
Gift Drop Off
Gifts must be hand-delivered, just like the Magi and Santa to Catholic Charities, 924 G Street NW, Washington DC 20001 (map)
- Thursday, December 12th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm
- Friday, December 13th — 8am-11am & 4pm-7pm
Questions? Call us at 202-772-4300 x125 for our Christmas Giving Program or 202-772-4300 for general information on Catholic Charities.