Catholic Charities successfully recruited over 100 ongoing volunteers in our Say Yes! Fall Call for Volunteers campaign. Sign up for our wait list below and be the first to hear about our Spring Call for volunteers. Applications will open early March!
JOIN OUR ONGOING VOLUNTEER WAITLIST!
Twice a year, Catholic Charities recruits volunteers for ongoing roles. Ongoing roles require a weekly, year-long commitment to service. The roles change each season, but they typically include opportunities for mentoring, teaching, medical and legal pro bono professionals, and behind-the-scenes support. These roles require an application, conversation with program staff about expectations, and at least a 75–hour commitment including orientation and training. Each season, we have a variety of volunteer opportunities, including in-person and remote options.
applying to volunteer
- All ongoing volunteer roles are posted on this page. Choose a role from the list below and click the “Learn More & Apply” button.
- Select one role and apply by the deadline. If you are interested in multiple roles, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must complete and submit the application in one sitting. For all roles except attorneys, have the following information ready:
- Photo of government-issued ID
- Social Security number to complete Background Check Authorization form. If you do not have one, email email@example.com for a different screening process.
- 3 names and email addresses for references (personal or professional, but not a relative)
- Click “Fill in an Application.” Make an account if you do not have one already.
- Complete the application and click “Submit.”
- Receive an email with next steps!
- Fall: Early August – Mid-September; Begin Volunteering in October
- Spring: March – Mid-April; Begin Volunteering in May
Whether you are waiting to hear back about an ongoing volunteer role or looking for a short-term volunteer opportunity on our volunteer calendar. For these activities, you can sign up and show up!
Spring call for volunteers waitlist
Quick and easy. Type in your name and email address and you will be the first to hear when we open our application window for ongoing volunteer roles. Volunteers will apply in March and April, complete screenings and attend orientation in early May, and begin volunteering in late May.
Can’t Wait to Start Volunteering?
While you are waiting to apply for an ongoing role, sign up for Catholic Charities event opportunities on our current opportunities page. For these activities, you can sign up and show up!
Curious about the types of ongoing volunteer roles?
Read an overview of the types of ongoing volunteers Catholic Charities typically recruits.
Volunteer for Health and Wellness
Catholic Charities offers several programs that help people live a healthy lifestyle. Primary care visits to the doctor and dentist, mental health counseling, and access to medical specialists for unique health challenges are some of the many services offered. Volunteer to be one of our pro bono healthcare team members or volunteer for one of our important support roles.
Volunteer for Immigrant Justice & Advocacy
Catholic Charities provides legal and support services for many refugees, immigrants, and survivors of trafficking who could not otherwise afford it, thanks to our professionally trained staff, a network of pro bono aides, and support volunteers.
Volunteer for Economic Justice
The Financial Stability Network provides free financial services such as financial education, mentoring, and tax consulting. The mission of the Financial Stability Network is to assist low to moderate-income families and individuals with increasing income and building assets.
Volunteer for Education, Professional Services & Professional Development
Catholic Charities prioritizes education, both for our clients and our staff. Join this effort by becoming an instructor or coach for a client program or multiply your efforts by training staff in your area of expertise.
Volunteer for Community Engagement for the Underserved
Catholic Charities provides holistic support to families, bringing needed resources to each generation. Help us ensure the families in our region have access to the services they need so their families can thrive. Volunteer in one of the following roles.