Apply by August 16, 2020
Serve from September 1, 2020 to December 11, 2020
Current undergraduate students are invited to serve with us during Fall 2020. Please scroll down for a full list of available fall intern positions. Exact schedules can be coordinated with individual intern supervisors. Interns will develop a broad set of skills in a professional setting and have opportunities for:
- Reflection on the internship experience
- Networking and personal development
- Professional development through interaction with leaders of Catholic Charities
Volunteer Engagement Office-Outreach and Volunteer Events Intern
Internship Summary: The Outreach and Volunteer Events Intern works with the Volunteer Engagement Office, parishes, and prospective and ongoing volunteer regarding recruitment for current volunteer opportunities. The intern assists with volunteer orientation tasks and regularly corresponds with ongoing and prospective volunteers answering any inquiries that come up. The intern helps coordinate several special and seasonal projects, including the annual holiday gift drive.
Essential Job Duties:
- Recruit volunteers for Agency volunteer projects and events.
- Create and regularly update volunteer postings on external sites.
- Correspond with prospective volunteers on various roles and other inquiries.
- Write monthly bulletin announcements and send to parishes throughout the Archdiocese
- Work with Volunteer Services team members in maintaining current volunteer postings
- Support monthly volunteer orientation tasks
- Help with pre-orientation preparation tasks, including sending out reminders to attendees
- Conduct background screening and reference checks
- Follow up on any missing application items and update volunteer application accordingly
- Coordinate and Support Seasonal and Special Projects
- Angel Tree
- Manage yearly holiday gift giving program for children of Catholic Charities’ clients
- Corresponds with program managers regarding gift recipients and their families
- Contact donors to coordinate gift delivery dates and times
- Angel Tree
- Coordinate and perform other administrative activities of the Volunteer Engagement Office and the Family, Parish & Community Outreach (FPCO) department.
- Answer phone and return voicemails regarding volunteer opportunities
- Organize monthly volunteer recognition, including sending out birthday cards and/or emails.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reports on Volunteer Services activities
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.