QUICK LINKS | Donate | Anchor Mental Health Main
Anchor Mental Health Services
We provide help for adults living with mental illness that includes furthering education, finding and securing employment, managing medication and providing ongoing case management services. Following a comprehensive intake, which includes diagnosis, our staff guide clients to a more self-sufficient and healthy lifestyle.
The Department of Mental Health recently distinguished Catholic Charities' Anchor Mental Health Services with a four-star rating on its annual Provider Scorecard, placing Anchor in the highest tier for DC mental health service providers! Read more on The Open Door.
Intake | Medical Clinic | Counseling | Community Support | ACT Team for adults with severe mental illnesses | Supported Employment | Supported Living
Intake: Our primary services meet the basic needs for adults with mental illness, setting them up for success and a more independent life. For help, please call (202) 635-5900.
Medical Clinic: Board certified psychiatrists, APRN and RN
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medication management
Counseling: Individual and group sessions
- Grief and loss
- Anger management
- Trauma issues
Community Support Services
- Mental health education
- Coping skills for adapting to home, school and work
- Co-occurring disorders
- Relapse prevention strategies and plan
- Assistance obtaining benefits and affordable housing
- Building social networks in the community
- Family support and education
- Health education and primary care physician referral
- Management of chronic health issues
- Crisis intervention
- For adults with severe cases of mental illness who experience challenges with mobility and isolation within the community
- Get more information: ACT Team
Anchor Supported Employment and Anchor Independent Living
- Access through Anchor's primary services
- Housing through Anchor is limited; contact St. Martin's Apartments for additional options.
Get Involved in our Work!
Donate: As one of the few core service agencies working with those with mental illness, many people turn to us. We need your support to answer their call. Make a donation directly to our work.
Employers: Do you have an entry-level position you need filled? Consider partnering with our Supported Employment Services, where our clients, once deemed prepared for employment, are trained and supported by Employment Specialists on the job site to ensure high-quality results for both you and our client. Consider Anchor for your next hiring! Call (202) 635-5952 to learn more.
Volunteer: Help serve lunches, keep our facilities beautiful and create opportunities in the community for our clients.
Financial support is vital. Though many of our clients receive Medicare or Medicaid, reimbursements often do not cover the full range of costs for the services we provide. We depend on the community to help us better serve those who have mental illness. Consider supporting Anchor today!